It's no secret that cannabis has a wide variety of different effects ranging from overall relaxation to even spurring creativity when you're in the mood. And while the stigma against cannabis use seems to be waning as the years go by, there is still a massive negative perception on our favorite plant that it's for hooligans (ahem, we're looking at you, War on Drugs and Reefer Madness).
So we're here to dispel the myth that cannabis use turns you into unproductive member of society. In actuality, most people that regularly use cannabis do so and still maintain the same level, if not, a higher level of productivity than those that do not.
COMMON KNOWLEDGE: STRAIN CLASSIFICATIONS
- Indica -
- Hybrid -
- Sativa -
Most cannabis users know that Indica strains are more physically sedating whereas Sativa strains deliver uplifting and cerebral effects. Hybrids, as you'd otherwise suggest, are a mix between the two strain classifications. This, however, is not the see-all, end-all explanation for why certain strains may increase the level of productivity you might be expecting.
THE SATIVA EDGE ON YOUR LIFESTYLE
Since Sativa strains historically provide more energy and cerebral hyperactivity, its associated effects do a better job at delivering that energy more so than the other two strain classifications. Its effects include but are not limited to:
- Increased Energy: If you're feeling tired, unmotivated, or unproductive, Sativa strains are a great addition to your routine. Those that might be too lazy or unmotivated to hit the gym after work can take a hit off SunKissed or Suge Kush, both of which are Sativa-dominant exotic strain crosses available as a BLVK Label Disposable. A couple hits off these powerhouse strains and you'll experience the boost of energy you've always wanted to murder those dead lifts!
- Spurs Creativity: A cerebrally-stimulating high can help spark creativity, making it a go-to choice for more artistic or creative activities, such as music or writing.
- Natural Mood-Booster: Certain Sativa strains have the ability to get you out of an emotional rut with its euphoria-inducing properties. Generally speaking, sativas naturally provide a pleasurable, enjoyable, and all-around happy high, making it a fan-favorite for those that struggle with mood swings.
Despite all the good that can come from Sativa strains, there are some drawbacks to be aware of, particularly if you overdo it. These effects include but are not limited to:
- Increased Anxiety: Since Sativas deliver a cerebral high, taking too much can actually spur increased bouts of anxiety instead of alleviating it.
- Yes, there is a such thing as too much energy: While the boost in energy, creativity, and productivity is the holy grail to growth-hacking your weed, sometimes the strain could be so strong that you'd have too much energy to know what to do with. For example, should you get nice and toasty over a sativa strain at 11pm at night, chances are, you're not getting to bed anytime soon.
THERE'S MORE TO THIS THAN STRAIN CLASSIFICATION: CANNABINOIDS & TERPENES
You're probably asking yourself WHY sativa strains provide the effects they do. It's definitely not an arbitrary decision made by cultivators. It's not like they're going to each strain and labeling them a sativa or an indica for no reason. This is where both cannabinoid and terpene profiles shine the best.
There are at least 113 cannabinoids, which are the natural chemical compounds found in cannabis plants. Some help to promote relaxation, others can help fight inflammation, whereas certain ones can even help stimulate an appetite. Each strain, regardless of how you're consuming it, possess a cannabinoid profile where a combination of anything can yield wholly different experiences.
Terpenes are naturally-occurring compounds also found in the cannabis plant. If cannabinoids deliver the effects, terpenes would be the supporting cast in making sure you are experiencing said effects. For example, most sativa strains contain a particular terpene called limonene, which gives off a citrusy scent and taste. Beyond just the sensory characteristics, limonene interacts with the brain's serotonin and dopamine receptors, giving off that all-too-familiar uplifting and euphoric effect.
HACKING BLVK LABEL STRAINS TO BE MORE PRODUCTIVE
Now that you understand sativa strains and what its effects can do for your productivity, or lack thereof, how exactly would you go about using BLVK Label sativa strains to growth hack your way to increased focus and motivation to get stuff done?
BLVK Label boasts two sativa-leaning strains and two hybrid strains; both of which are designed to gift you seemingly endless energy and uplifting vibes while still keeping you level headed and not-too manic throughout your high.
HYPE: SUGE KUSH
Suge Kush is a hype (sativa) strain that crosses Candyland and Lemon Meringue. The crossing smacks you with feelings of uplifting creativity, euphoria, and energy to keep you motivated as you plow through your daily tasks.
Candyland is sativa-dominant hybrid strain whose dominant terpene is Caryophyllene, which acts as a novel anti-inflammatory agent. Beyond the rather indica-leaning terpene characteristic, many fans of Candyland report an uptick in energy motivation to be social.
Lemon Meringue, on the other hand, is also a hardcore sativa strain. Given its citrus and diesel-leaning flavor and aroma, its dominant terpene is Terpinolene, which is known to possess uplifting effects.
When combining both strains, Suge Kush takes the citrusy zest of a Lemon Meringue dessert and adds a thick layer of sweet sugary goodness on top of it. The result is reminiscent of a sugar high without the crash. You'll be bouncing off the walls and motivated to tackle anything and everything you need and want to do today with little-to-no resistance!
SunKissed is another powerhouse hype (sativa) strain that takes the citrus tang behind Tangie and fuses it with the pineapple-laded Maui Wowie to drop a first-class ticket to a world of euphoria and physical energy.
Tangie is a sativa through and through. Its dominant terpene is Myrcene, which is known for its relaxation properties.
Maui Wowie is a classic sativa strain well-known not just for its tasty profile, but also its stress-relieving and highly energetic terpene profile. Its dominant terpene is also myrcene, which relaxes you throughout while still pushing through the energy you need to take on whatever time-demanding activity that comes your way.
GROWTH HACKING PRODUCTIVITY WITH SATIVA STRAINS
Let's be real: being productive is subjective. What may be our definition of a productive day can be the most mundane list of tasks for you; and vice versa. Whether your list of productive tasks include chores, repetitive tasks, or activities that may or may not stimulate the senses, each task can be that much more enjoyable when you're HIGH AS FVCK through it. To name a few productive things you can do high include:
- Chores: These include vacuuming, doing the dishes, cleaning out the fridge, or if you can handle it - cleaning the countertops, particularly the grout in-between the tiles. Speaking from experience, being blitzed and deep cleaning the kitchen is almost entirely reserved for getting high before and during the activity.
- Personal Housekeeping: Personal housekeeping includes going to the gym, moving, organizing and/or cleaning your room. Personal housekeeping extends beyond just cleaning. It really comes down to tidying up and being one step closer to living a clutter-free lifestyle. And what better way to organize than by getting a little stoned beforehand, am I right?
- Low-Priority Admin Work: Low-priority admin work includes responding to emails, writing letters, and reconciling your bank statements. These don't necessarily require a whole lot of brain power, but it definitely takes time.
Remember, using sativa strains are a see-all, end-all solution to being more productive in your day-to-day life. You can very well find a balanced hybrid strain that'll give you the same cerebral energy as a hardcore sativa would. What all of this comes down to is what the cannabinoid and terpene profiles look like and most importantly - how you function while stoned.
Getting a little high for your bouts of productivity helps those activities go by easier and hopefully makes them more enjoyable in the process. Exercise common sense when choosing to blaze beforehand and try not to overdo it!
Leave a comment